Privacy and Security
Marlborough Sounds Adventure Co are committed to your right to privacy and take every possible action to ensure any information you provide to us remains confidential. Please read the following details of our actions to protect your privacy.
Name and Address of the Policy Controller
Marlborough Sounds Adventure Co (1995) Ltd (MSAC) has a nominated Data Protection Officer and if you have any query or a complaint please contact:
The Privacy Officer
Marlborough Sounds Adventure Co
PO Box 195
Please note, this policy may change from time to time. We reserve the right to modify this policy and will post any changes on this page. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are aware of what information we collect and how we use it.
Information MARLBOROUGH SOUNDS ADVENTURE may collect:
- Details that you provide by filling in the forms on our Website.
We may collect personal information (for example your name, email address, home address, telephone number, dietary and health issues) when you book a trip with us, subscribe to our newsletter or enter a competition. We may also ask for more information when you report a problem with the website.
- Correspondence or a record of it if you contact us.
- Guest questionnaire results and comments.
Your contact details are optional on these forms. You will be asked if we have your permission to use your comments. If so, only your country of residence and date of travel will be used to identify your comments.
- Information collected by us as you use our website.
Your computer transmits information that may include your IP address, browser data and information we receive from cookies (more information below). Any payments are made through a third party Secure Server so no details of credit cards or bank accounts are kept by us. If they are kept by us then they are filed in a secure area and destroyed after use.
- Emergency contact details including name, telephone numbers and email address for the purposes of contacting someone in an emergency while you are on a trip
- Information received via a third party such as your Travel Agent, person booking travel on your behalf or a third-party website you have booked your travel through
- If you are making travel bookings for another person, you agree you have obtained the permission of that other person for MSAC to collect, use and disclose the other person’s personal information in accordance with this policy.
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To provide our service(s) to you as a user of the website, including processing and fulfilling your bookings and enhancing your user experience. This may include:
- Informing your guide to ensure they meet your personal, dietary, health and fitness needs and operate a safe trip
- Informing third parties to secure accommodation
- Informing emergency service providers in case of an emergency
- Liaising with insurance providers should you need assistance with care or making a claim
- Contacting yourself in relation to the products and services you are enquiring about or purchased
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To provide you with newsletters and other information about features of our Website or products which we think may be of interest to you and for related marketing purposes, if you have submitted your contact details to us for these purposes or otherwise provided your consent for us to do so.
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To help diagnose problems with our server, to administer the website and to monitor the website for the detection and prevention of fraud.
- To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
- For assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis).
By using our website and submitting information to MSAC you consent to the collection and use of your personal information, only by us, as described above. MSAC will never disclose your personal details unless we are obligated by the following exceptional cases:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation and/or in order to enforce or apply any other agreements between you and MARLBOROUGH SOUNDS ADVENTURE CO (1995) LTD.
- To protect the rights, property or safety of us or other website users.
- As may be required by a court or competent jurisdiction.
- As required by the laws of New Zealand.
Your rights – Marketing:
You will only receive marketing communications from us if you have consented to this when you provided your contact details to us (or if you have otherwise given consent to us for these purposes).
IP Addresses and Cookies:
How we protect you personal information:
- We do not sell or rent your personal information to a third party.
- This website uses a third party secure credit card processing system. Secure means that all information you provide while completing your transaction is encrypted so that it cannot be read or intercepted by other people.
- The company providing this secure credit card processing system has a valid certificate verifying the security of its system and ensuring that no other site can assume the identity of the original site.
- The information collected during your transaction will not be sold to anyone and will be used only by us for the purpose of fulfilling your order.
In the unlikely event that a privacy breach may occur we will assess if the breach will “pose a risk of serious harm or causes serious harm” in which case we will notify you at the earliest possible opportunity. For a serious privacy breach to occur it would need to meet certain criteria and these include if the breach may cause loss, damage, injury or your rights or interests results in significant humiliation, loss of dignity, injury to feelings etc.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless they are the actual operator of an item you are booking; we have your permission or are required by law.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
The Privacy Officer
Marlborough Sounds Adventure Co
PO Box 195
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, using the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes or request that you stop receiving information from us at any time. If you want to be removed from our mailing list, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “remove” in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed.